Each Cleveland Big Wheel Relay team raises a minimum of $400 to participate on race day. Our Big Wheel Relay teams have done some pretty amazing things to meet and exceed the fundraising minimum…. but we are here to help.
The most important step is creating your team page and sharing it immediately with your friends and family. Starting soon ensures that you’ll be successful in meeting your fundraising goal.
Fundraising doesn’t have to simply be about direct asks, some of our teams have come up with some creative ideas to help raise money and have fun.
Some ideas include:
- Hosting a “friendraiser” at a local bar. Many bars are happy to host your fundraiser and give back a portion of the proceeds. Some of the bars we know that do this are: Buffalo Wild Wings, Harry Buffalo, Around the Corner, Jammy Buggars, Melt, etc. All you have to do is reach out to the manager and get something scheduled.
- Yoga – some of our teams have held “yoga fundraiser” where the drop-in fee is donated back to the cause.
- Matching gifts – many corporate companies provide dollar-to-dollar matching towards donations their employees make. Your $50.00 donation can become $100. Simply find out if your company offers a matching program.
- Host a jeans day – many of our teams host a jeans day at work. It only costs $5.00 to wear jeans to work, but some of our teams have raised over $400 through these events.
- Wine tasting party – keep it simple and host your own wine tasting party. Buy some wine, snacks and ask your guests to make a donation to your team. It’s a great way to catch up with friends and raise some funds!
We want you and your team to have a positive and successful experience fundraising for Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center. That’s why we’ve created this guide for you to use. FundraisingHandbookBWr
We hope that this guide is helpful and inspirational to you as you continue to raise funds. If at any point you have any questions, just reach out to Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center, they’ll be glad to help you.