First off, WHEW what a fundraising campaign this has been! We have broken $20,000 in fundraising and are well on our way to hitting our goal of $26,000!
We are also getting really close to race day, and we have some important information that you need to know. Please read through the below list of reminders.
Feel free to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-325-7578) if you have any questions between now and Saturday.
What You Need to Know for Saturday
1. Team Packet: Racing teams should review this team packet prior to this Saturday’s race for lots of helpful information – including updated race rules that we’d like everyone to review and be familiar with before racing.
2. Arrival Time: We’re asking our racers to show up at 1:00 pm on Saturday, June 25 at Lincoln Park in Tremont, Ohio. It is important to have the racing teams show up at 1 p.m. so that you have time to get your team registered and do some practice runs (between 1-1:30 p.m.)
3. Opening Ceremony: Spectators can show up anytime – but please know that we will be starting our opening ceremony promptly at 1:30 p.m. We are really excited about some new additions to our opening ceremony this year – make sure you make it!
4. Parking: Please save this information for Saturday!
We have reserved a parking lot for our racers and spectators so that we have dedicated space for everyone. This can be found at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church found at 2187 W. 14th Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44113 (approx. 1/2 mile from Lincoln Park).
You are also welcome to find street or other parking options on your own in Tremont. Our race will take place on the W. 11 side of the park.
5. Cash: Most vendors will have Square functionalities that will allow you to pay with cards – but for an event like this, it is always a good idea to bring cash for the vendors, raffle, and t-shirt sales.
6. Costumes: Remember to start working on your team costumes! We can’t wait to see all the creative ideas at the event this year. If you need some inspiration, click through these photos from last year’s race.
7. Remember to have ALL of your participants registered through our online system and don’t forget that you NEED to hit your fundraising mark by Saturday in order to participate! We accept off-line donations. Please bring those with you on Saturday or you can mail them to CHSC c/o Sara Thomas.
If you have any questions please contact Sara Thomas at email@example.com or at 216-325-7578.
Thank you so much,
New Partners of Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center
About Our Race
The Cleveland Big Wheel Relay is an annual fundraising event organized by New Partners of Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center, the young professional Associate Board of Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center (CHSC). The event will take place on Saturday, June 25, 2016 from 2-5 p.m. on W. 11th alongside Lincoln Park in Tremont, Ohio and will include music, food truck goodies, a beer tent, raffle to raise funds for CHSC, Big Wheel t-shirts made by Cleveland Clothing Co., and an exciting relay race on low-riding trikes. Teams of four must sign up before the race and raise a minimum team fundraising goal. Spectators are welcome and encouraged, and will be admitted for free on the day of the race.
For more information on the race, please visit www.clevelandbigwheelrelay.com.