First things first – plan to join us no matter what this Saturday! That said, we’ve gotten some questions about what will happen should there be crummy weather. Here are our plans:
- The Race: Let it be known – we are not afraid of a little rain. Those of you who have raced with us in the past will probably agree that a little bit of water will present its own fun challenge on the race course, and we’re okay with that! BUT, should the rain bring thunder, lightning and overly dangerous conditions, we may have no choice but to make a safety call and cancel the race. If there’s any question, we will make the call by 11:30-11:45 a.m. on Saturday morning.
We will do a few things to let you know as soon as we’ve made our decision:
- We’ll post something on the website – Visit clevelandbigwheelrelay.com and look at the very top of the homepage for the most recent article.
- We’ll post something on our Facebook group and Cleveland Big Wheel Relay event page – Click here to visit that event page.
- We’ll be calling our team captains, volunteers and vendors – Make sure to check your phones and inboxes around 11:45 a.m.
- We will have a couple of New Partners at the course until about 2:30 p.m. to catch any stragglers that make it to the course.
- Our Back-Up Plan / Rainy Day Event: Should we need to cancel the race for safety reasons, please plan to join us (in costume!) for an afternoon happy hour gathering from 2-5 p.m. at The Bottlehouse Brewery at 2050 Lee Road in Cleveland Heights, Ohio. We’ll still have our raffle, we’ll give prizes for the top fundraising team, best team costumes, and a whole lot of fun. We’ll also have the team bags with your t-shirts from CLE Clothing Co. If it comes down to this back-up plan … we hope that you can still join us!
Again, we are not afraid of rain. If it seems like we can safely have the race, we will do all we can to go forward with our plans! Please stay tuned around 11:30-11:45 a.m. Saturday morning if there’s any question. You can also reach us at email@example.com at any time with your questions.