How does our race work? Well, it’s pretty simple. Your team will relay race against another team, with each team member racing one length of the track, and the winner of that race will move onto the next round.
While doing so, we need you to pay mind to some rules, though. Click here to view the full race rules.
For those returning teams, we need you to pay attention to some new rules this year:
- No pushing – Each member must race the length of the track by themselves using their own feet to pedal.
- We did implement an age limit of 18 and over to eliminate the short legged racers that needed pushed last year
- As a safety precaution, we’re implementing a 5 second penalty for spinning the trikes at the end of the straight away. Once you’ve raced your length, stop the bike, pick it up turn it around for the next member. Failing to do so will result in a 5 second penalty for your team’s next racer.
- A false start will result in a re-start of the race with the offending team starting behind the false start line.
- To make lane selection fair, we will be implementing a coin flip before every race to determine who gets to race in which lane.
We want everyone to have a safe, fair race. Let’s have some fun on Saturday!